GMC Acadia2007-13 models
results also apply to: 2008-13 Buick Enclave | 2009-13 Chevrolet Traverse | 2007-09 Saturn Outlook
|2013 GMC Acadia|
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The GMC Acadia and Saturn Outlook were introduced in the 2007 model year. The Buick Enclave and Chevrolet Traverse were introduced in the 2008 and 2009 model years, respectively.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy’s head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof and a side airbag that deployed from the seat.
Rear passenger — The dummy’s head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the side airbags and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side airbags.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy’s head was protected by the side airbag.
- Side airbags: head curtain airbags for all three rows of seats and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover
- Front center airbag: designed to protect drivers and front passengers in far-side impact crashes. It deploys from the inboard side of the driver’s seat and positions itself between the driver and front passenger (standard beginning with 2013 Enclave models, optional beginning with 2013 Acadia and Traverse models)
- Electronic stability control, includes roll stability control to minimize the possibility of rollover
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2008 GMC Acadia SLE 4wd
- Class: Large SUV
- Weight: 4,877 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard head curtain airbags for all three rows of seats and standard front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 119 in.
- Length: 201 in.
- Width: 78 in.
- Engine: 3.6 L V6
- EPA ratings: 16 mpg city | 22 mpg highway