Volkswagen Tiguan2009-13 models
|2013 Volkswagen Tiguan|
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Volkswagen Tiguan was introduced in the 2009 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head hit the B-pillar and roof rail.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity. Head acceleration from the B-pillar/roof rail hit was low.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained very well.
- Smeared greasepaint indicates where the dummy's head hit the B-pillar and roof rail during rebound. Head acceleration from this hit was low.
- Intrusion into the driver's space was minimal, and all leg and foot injury measures were low.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard); rear seat-mounted torso airbags (optional)
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4wd
- Class: Small SUV
- Weight: 3,713 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 103 in.
- Length: 174 in.
- Width: 71 in.
- Engine: 2.0 L turbocharged 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 18 mpg city | 24 mpg highway