ARLINGTON, Va. — The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) is pleased to announce the election of Alice H. Gannon as the new chairman of its Board of Directors. She is the second woman to serve as IIHS Board chairman. Gannon is senior vice president, chief actuary, of USAA. She succeeds Douglas S. Joyce, president of Alfa Alliance Insurance Corporation, who served as IIHS chairman during 2012 and will continue to serve as a Board member.
"IIHS research and crash tests have saved countless lives, and I am honored to serve as chairman," Gannon says. "I look forward to partnering with my distinguished Board colleagues in support of IIHS's work."
"Alice's strong leadership and depth of actuarial experience will be a tremendous asset to IIHS as we continue to innovate in our research programs to further advance safety on the nation's roads," says IIHS President Adrian Lund. "I am delighted to have her at the helm."
The new chairman-elect is Jeff Gendron, senior vice president, property casualty operations, COUNTRY Financial. The new vice chairman is W. Neal Menefee, president and chief executive officer, Rockingham Group.
Other IIHS Board members are:
- Brian V. Boyden, executive vice president, State Farm Insurance Companies
- Brian Braddock, vice president, deputy head of public policy research and development, Farmers Insurance Group of Companies
- Charles M. Chamness, president and chief executive officer, National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies
- Dan Clapp, executive vice president and treasurer, Shelter Insurance Companies
- Paul W. Franklin, senior vice president, worldwide underwriting manager for personal lines, Chubb & Son
- Steven George, chief operations officer, AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Insurance Exchange
- Adrian K. Lund, president, Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
- Denise I. Lynch, property and casualty group executive, president, Kemper Preferred, Kemper Corporation
- William D. Moore, president, MetLife Auto and Home
- John W. Mullen, president and chief executive officer, Direct General
- Tony M. Nicely, chairman, president and chief executive officer, GEICO Corporation
- Steve Oakley, vice president and chief actuary, The Hartford, consumer markets
- Gregory V. Ostergren, chairman, president and chief executive officer, American National Property and Casualty Companies; chairman of the board – Farm Family Group of Insurance Companies
- Leigh Ann Pusey, president and chief executive officer, American Insurance Association
- Paul A. Pyne, executive vice president and chief operations officer, Amica Mutual Insurance Company
- Jack Salzwedel, chairman and chief executive officer, American Family Insurance Group
- David A. Sampson, president and chief executive officer, Property Casualty Insurers Association of America
- David J. Skove, general manager, South region, Progressive Insurance
- Douglas E. Smith, senior vice president, personal lines underwriting, Erie Insurance Group
- Timothy M. Sweeney, president, personal insurance, Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
- Bob Tart, senior executive, underwriting, North Carolina Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company
- Greg Toczydlowski, executive vice president, personal insurance, The Travelers Companies
- William L. Windsor, associate vice president, office of consumer safety, Nationwide Insurance
- Floyd M. Yager, senior vice president, chief data officer, Allstate Insurance Company