ARLINGTON, Va. — The Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI) is pleased to announce the election of Michael D. Doerfler as the new chairman of its Board of Directors. Doerfler is a product development manager of Progressive Insurance. He succeeds James Nutting, senior vice president and chief actuary, Farmers Insurance Group of Companies, who served as chairman in 2012 and will continue to serve as a Board member.
"HLDI's in-depth analysis is crucial to understanding how rapidly evolving safety technology is affecting losses on our nation's roads," Doerfler says. "I'm honored to partner with HLDI and my Board colleagues to advance this critical work."
"I am confident that HLDI will continue its strong record of innovation under Mike's leadership," says HLDI President Adrian Lund.
Serving as vice chairman is John Xu, actuarial executive, AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Insurance Exchange.
Other HLDI Board members are:
- Peter Attanasio, vice president and actuary, Chubb & Son
- David Backs, vice president, auto line of business, Kemper Preferred
- Chad Covelli, actuary – auto lines director, American Family Insurance Group
- Martin Deede, vice president – actuarial, MetLife Auto and Home
- Behram Dinshaw, senior vice president – product management, The Travelers Companies
- Judith M. Feldmeier, vice president and chief actuary, Auto Club Group
- Peter R. Foley, vice president, claims administration, American Insurance Association
- Alice H. Gannon, senior vice president, chief actuary, USAA
- James Gillette, vice president, chief pricing actuary, American National Property and Casualty Companies
- Donald L. Griffin, vice president, personal lines, Property Casualty Insurers Association of America
- Keith Holler, vice president – personal actuarial, Erie Insurance Group
- Adrian K. Lund, president, Highway Loss Data Institute
- Thomas G. Myers, enterprise chief actuary, Plymouth Rock Assurance
- Harry Todd Pearce, director and assistant actuary, GEICO underwriting, reserving, control department, GEICO Corporation
- Mike Petrarca, assistant vice president, Amica Mutual Insurance
- Thomas O. Rau, director, property casualty actuarial research analytics, Nationwide Insurance
- Bill Reddington, director, actuarial services, Kentucky Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Companies
- Alan Schlosberg, executive vice president, chief product officer, Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
- Laurette Stiles, vice president, strategic resources, State Farm Insurance Companies
- Randy Termeer, vice president, The Hartford
- Floyd M. Yager, senior vice president, chief data officer, Allstate Insurance Company