ARLINGTON, Va. — The Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI) is pleased to announce the election of John Xu as the new chairman of its Board of Directors. Xu is vice president, actuarial of CSAA Insurance Group. He succeeds Michael Doerfler, product development manager, Progressive Insurance, who served as chairman in 2013 and will continue to serve as a Board member.
"Ever-changing safety technology makes the research role that HLDI plays a critical one," Xu says. "I'm excited to work with my fellow Board members to further the crucial work of this organization."
"I'm confident that with John at the helm, HLDI will continue its leadership role in publishing insurance loss data and studying how technology is making our roads safer," says HLDI President Adrian Lund.
Serving as vice chairman is Keith Holler, vice president, personal actuarial, Erie Insurance Group.
Other HLDI Board members are:
- Isaac Adams, vice president, research and analytics, The Hartford
- Peter Attanasio, vice president and actuary, Chubb & Son
- David Backs, vice president, auto line of business, Kemper Preferred
- Chad Covelli, actuary – auto lines director, American Family Insurance Group
- Martin Deede, vice president – actuarial, MetLife Auto and Home
- Behram Dinshaw, senior vice president, product management, The Travelers Companies
- Peter R. Foley, vice president, claims administration, American Insurance Association
- Alice H. Gannon, senior vice president, chief actuary, USAA
- James Gillette, senior vice president and actuary, personal lines, American National Property and Casualty Companies
- Donald L. Griffin, vice president, personal lines, Property Casualty Insurers Association of America
- Adrian K. Lund, president, Highway Loss Data Institute
- Thomas G. Myers, enterprise chief actuary, Plymouth Rock Assurance
- James Nutting, senior vice president and chief actuary, Farmers Insurance Group of Companies
- Harry Todd Pearce, director and assistant actuary, GEICO underwriting, reserving, control department, GEICO Corporation
- Mike Petrarca, assistant vice president, Amica Mutual Insurance
- Anthony Ptasznik, vice president and chief actuary – Auto Club Group
- Thomas O. Rau, director, property casualty actuarial research analytics, Nationwide Insurance
- Bill Reddington, director, actuarial services, Kentucky Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Companies
- Alan Schlosberg, executive vice president, chief product officer, Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
- Laurette Stiles, vice president, strategic resources, State Farm Insurance Companies
- Floyd M. Yager, senior vice president, chief data officer, Allstate Insurance Company