ARLINGTON, Va. — The Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI) is pleased to announce the re-election of John Xu as chairman of its Board of Directors. Xu is vice president, actuarial, of CSAA Insurance Group.
"HLDI's comprehensive analysis of loss data helps insurers understand how safety technology is affecting the vehicle fleet and helps consumers make informed vehicle choices," Xu says. "I look forward to another productive year working with my Board colleagues to advance HLDI's mission to reduce losses on our roads."
"We welcome another year of John's leadership," says HLDI President Adrian Lund. "I know HLDI will continue to benefit from John's expertise."
The new vice chairman is Thomas O. Rau, director, property casualty actuarial research analytics, Nationwide Insurance.
Other HLDI Board members are:
- Isaac Adams, vice president, research and analytics, The Hartford
- Chad Covelli, auto pricing director, American Family Mutual Insurance Company
- Behram Dinshaw, senior vice president, product management, The Travelers Companies
- Michael D. Doerfler, product development manager, Progressive Insurance
- Peter R. Foley, vice president, claims administration, American Insurance Association
- James W. Gillette, senior vice president, chief personal lines actuary, American National
- Donald L. Griffin, vice president, personal lines, Property Casualty Insurers Association of America
- Ty Harris, executive vice president and chief product officer, Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
- Adrian K. Lund, president, Highway Loss Data Institute
- Thomas G. Myers, enterprise chief actuary, Plymouth Rock Assurance
- Hiep Nguyen, vice president, information, reporting and analytics, USAA
- James Nutting, chief actuary, Farmers Insurance Group
- Harry Todd Pearce, director and assistant actuary, underwriting, reserving, control department, GEICO Corporation
- Mike Petrarca, assistant vice president, Amica Mutual Insurance Company
- Anthony E. Ptasznik, vice president and chief actuary, Auto Club Group
- Bill Reddington, director, actuarial services, Kentucky Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Companies
- Ioan Seceleanu, vice president, predictive analytics, Kemper Corporation
- Laurette Stiles, vice president, strategic resources, State Farm Insurance Companies
- Hui Wang, vice president and actuary, Chubb & Son
- Floyd M. Yager, senior vice president, chief data officer, Allstate Insurance Group