ARLINGTON, Va. — The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) is pleased to announce the election of Jeff Gendron as the new chairman of its Board of Directors. Gendron is senior vice president, property and casualty operations of COUNTRY Financial. He succeeds Alice Gannon, senior vice president, chief actuary of USAA, who served as IIHS chairman during 2013 and will continue to serve as a Board member.
"IIHS is helping insurers lead the way in highway safety, and I am delighted to serve as chairman," Gendron says. "I look forward to the expansion of the Vehicle Research Center as we work to encourage the widespread adoption of crash prevention technologies."
"We welcome Jeff's expertise as we continue to develop and expand our research programs," says IIHS President Adrian Lund. "I know he will be an asset to the mission of IIHS."
The new chairman-elect is W. Neal Menefee, president and chief executive officer, Rockingham Group. The new vice chairman is Jack Salzwedel, chairman and chief executive officer, American Family Insurance Group.
Other IIHS Board members are:
- Brian Braddock, vice president, deputy head of public policy research and development, Farmers Insurance Group of Companies
- Charles M. Chamness, president and chief executive officer, National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies
- Dan Clapp, executive vice president and treasurer, Shelter Insurance Companies
- Martin Deede, vice president and actuarial, Metlife Auto and Home
- Paul W. Franklin, senior vice president, worldwide underwriting manager for personal lines, Chubb & Son
- Douglas S. Joyce, president, Alfa Alliance Insurance Corporation
- Adrian K. Lund, president, Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
- Denise I. Lynch, property and casualty group executive, president, Kemper Preferred, Kemper Corporation
- Rod Matthews, property and casualty operations vice president, State Farm Insurance Companies
- John W. Mullen, president and chief executive officer, Direct General
- Tony M. Nicely, chairman and chief executive officer, GEICO Corporation
- Gregory V. Ostergren, chief executive multiple line, American National Insurance Group – American National Property and Casualty Companies
- Leigh Ann Pusey, president and chief executive officer, American Insurance Association
- Paul A. Pyne, executive vice president and chief operations officer, Amica Mutual Insurance
- David A. Sampson, president and chief executive officer, Property Casualty Insurers Association of America
- David J. Skove, general manager, South Region, Progressive Insurance
- Douglas E. Smith, senior vice president, personal lines underwriting, Erie Insurance Group
- Timothy M. Sweeney, president, personal insurance, Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
- Bob Tart, senior executive, underwriting, North Carolina Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company
- Randy Termeer, vice president, product management, The Hartford
- Greg Toczydlowski, executive vice president, personal insurance, The Travelers Companies
- William L. Windsor, Jr., associate vice president, office of consumer safety, Nationwide Insurance
- Floyd M. Yager, senior vice president, chief data officer, Allstate Insurance Company